Brain Cramps is a not-quite comic in which readers are presented with a riddle, puzzle or mystery to solve.
Major info Edit
Creator: Oren Otter
Current artist: Oren Otter
Premise: Solve the puzzle.
Although Brain Cramps places greater emphasis on puzzles rather than character development, there are certain characters who have had recurring appearances.
NOTE: Sometimes the solution to a puzzle is related to a certain detail of a character's life. Beware of spoilers below!
- Bob the Hippo: Roommate of Ollie the Otter. Although Bob is usually seen with Ollie the Otter, he once makes a visit to the dentist without him, giving him the most appearances out of everyone in the comic.
- Ollie the Otter: Roommate and best friend of Bob the Hippo. After Bob, he is the frequently-recurring character in the comic. He is very active, but he sometimes goes overboard. He lives with two parents, seven brothers and two sisters.
- Anton the Giraffe: A bad-tempered gardener who cares a lot about his plants.
- Granny Whiskers: An elderly but sprightly housecat who is heavily into crafts.
- Anne the Leopard: A sleepwalker who is never quite fully awake.
- Jim the Raccoon: The local merchant of a knick-knacks store. He has a reputation for getting into trouble.
- Freddy the Ferret: A citizen of the moon. He has an alien friend named Zbrt.
- Bill the Penguin: A penguin who likes to travel around the world. He is currently engaged to a crane from China.
- Phillip the Beaver: A home-owner who has a few problems with his house.
- Lord Jhirk: An evil dictator owl who loves to torment prisoners with logic puzzles.
- Farmer Clyde: A simple country dog.
- Fran the Seal: She works at the British Embassy in Australia, has a twin sister named Jan in the U.K., and has traveled at least once with Bill.
- Jan the Seal: The twin sister of Fran the Seal and friends with Ollie.